- ticket title
- Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame will ask President Obama and the White House for support to build a permanent museum
- Prince to be added to R&B Hall of Fame
- 2015 Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame Music Museum to Honor Artists at Detroit Ceremony
- R&B Organization To Honor Artists At Detroit Ceremony
- A Tour Through Detroit’s Musical Legacy
Detroit; Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee; and Jackson also had been named as potential locations.
The Clarksdale Press-Register says the hall’s founder and CEO, LaMont Robinson, announced the decision Friday at Morgan Freeman’s Ground Zero Blues Club.
Mayor Bill Luckett says it’s exciting news. In a phone interview Sunday with The Associated Press, Luckett said the museum will be in a city-owned art deco building that used to be a Greyhound bus depot www.clarionledger.com.