- ticket title
- Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame will ask President Obama and the White House for support to build a permanent museum
- Prince to be added to R&B Hall of Fame
- 2015 Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame Music Museum to Honor Artists at Detroit Ceremony
- R&B Organization To Honor Artists At Detroit Ceremony
- A Tour Through Detroit’s Musical Legacy
The Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame induction ceremony is scheduled to be presented Sunday evening in the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History. Inductees include Aretha Franklin, Martha Reeves, The Miracles, The Spinners, Jimmy Ruffin, Melba Moore and Ray Charles.
Organizers call this the “second half” of 2015’s induction ceremony. The first was held in June in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
The organization is seeking a permanent home and looking at potential sites in Detroit. Officials also have considered primary or “satellite” sites elsewhere, including Clarksdale.
© Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.